State legislature needs to include the Governor’s Broadband Trailer Bill
A once in a generation opportunity
A once in a generation opportunity exists right now to make an enormous leap forward in closing the digital divide in California.
That opportunity is to get the Governor’s Broadband Trailer Bill included in the budget by the June 15 deadline.
As Joy Sterling (former Rural Caucus Chair) points out this is a “visionary plan, funded primarily by Federal dollars already in hand, and is the chance of a lifetime.” Trailer Bill Link
Please contact your representatives and express your support for the Governor’s Broadband Trailer Bill.
Here are the key talking points:
- We want the Governor’s Broadband Trailer Bill included in the budget by the June 15 deadline.
- This an excellent plan – the best shot we have ever had to close the digital divide.
- There is no good reason for delay.
- The push for delay is coming from AT&T.
- The Governor’s proposal is big and bold and needs to be done fast in keeping with the pace being set by the Biden Administration.