What’s next for the El Dorado County Democrats?

Back to Article
Back to Article

Executive Committee Election Results

The El Dorado County Democratic Central Committee conducted their annual organizational meeting on Jan. 15th and elected the following officers for the 2019 calendar year:

Josh Elder, Chair
Lee Boylan, Secretary
Terry Campbell, Controller
Daniel Stephenson, Executive Vice Chair
Frank Porter, Vice Chair, Campaign Services & Candidate Development
Marina McCauley, Vice Chair, Fundraising
Mike Saunders, Vice Chair, Communications/Social Media
Leslie Hill, Member at Large

Congratulations and many thanks to these volunteers for taking on important leadership roles.  As an entirely volunteer organization with no paid staff, the EDC Democratic Party relies entirely on volunteers to lead and staff all campaign, policy, candidate forums, voter registration and fundraising efforts.   We continue to make great strides forward and invite interested Democrats to come join us.

Note:  The newly elected Executive Committee promptly took action to send a clear message to Congressman McClintock to seek a quick remedy to the Federal government shutdown.  Click the link below to read the letter signed by all members of the newly elected EDC Democratic Party Executive Committee.

To Congressman McClintock: End Federal Government Shutdown Now! CLICK HERE to see letter.
Martin Luther King Annual Sing Along – Unity and Community
Monday Jan. 21 4:00-6:00 PM. 

Placerville Town Hall, 549 Main Street, Placerville
Sponsored by: El Dorado Progressives, New Freedom Choir and the El Dorado Peace Community.
4:00pm – Snacks and conversation with fellow progressives.
5:00-6:00 – Program: Several speakers on issues such as how immigrants are being treated at our borders and singing along to songs of peace and protest.  Followed by a candle light march through downtown Placerville.  Come and join in! (For more info contact: [email protected])

Assembly District Election Meetings – Jan. 26 & 27 
Good news!!.… El Dorado County has great candidates running to be Assembly District Delegates (ADDs).  We urge all Democrats registered in El Dorado County to participate in the Assembly District Elections and to vote for ADD candidates who are residents of El Dorado County.

• In Assembly District 5, the following El Dorado County residents are candidates:  John Savage, Kathleen Barco, Jamie Beutler, Ellyn Donovan, Michael Saunders, Sarah Saunders, Pat Pava, Robert Rosett and Susan Chandler.
  • In Assembly District 6, the following El Dorado County residents are candidates:  Lori Anzini, Josh Elder and Nancy Corona-Guzman.

What are the Assembly District Election Meetings (ADEMS) and who are the Assembly District Delegates (ADDs)?

The Assembly District Election Meetings (ADEMS) are held every two years to elect Assembly District Delegates (ADDs) to represent the Assembly District they are registered in as a Democrat.  In El Dorado County, we have two Assembly Districts, AD 5 and AD 6.  The Assembly District Election Meeting (ADEM) for AD 5 will happen on January 27 from 10am to 1pm in Jackson. The ADEM for AD 6 will happen on January 26, from 10am to 1:00pm in Roseville (Click below for complete information on the date, locations and ADD candidates.)

AD Delegates to the Democratic State Central Committee (DSCC) are responsible for planning and attending informational meetings throughout the region and working with other DSCC delegates throughout California to represent their community.

AD Delegates are elected by registered Democrats who MUST be a registered Democrat in that Assembly District.

AD Delegates vote on behalf of the community they represent at CDP Regional Meetings, the California Democratic Party Convention, and those who are also elected to serve as an Executive Board member are responsible for voting and representing their community at the semi-annual E-Board meetings.

As a registered Democrat, you have the opportunity to participate in these ADEM elections!  We encourage all registered Democrats in El Dorado County to participate in the Assembly District Election Meetings on January 26 for Assembly District 6 and on January 27 for Assembly District 5.  Further, we encourage El Dorado County residents to vote for El Dorado County Democrats.  For details on the candidates and the locations and times of these election meetings, please click on the links below.  If you have questions or need further information, please contact Josh Elder at [email protected].

Assembly District 5 ADEM – Sunday, Jan. 27, from 10am to 1:00pm in Jackson. CLICK HERE to get election location and information about each of the ADD candidates (Select either AD 5 or AD 6).
Assembly District 6 – ADEM is Saturday, Jan. 26, 2019, from 10am to 1:00pm in Roseville. CLICK HERE to get election location and information about each of the ADD candidates (Select AD 5 or AD 6).

Mark your calendars ….
2019 Kennedy Roosevelt Dinner
Sun., May 5, 2019
(yes…that’s Cinco de Mayo)

Wine & Conversation  – 3:00pm
Dinner – 5:00pm
Cameron Park Community Center

Lee Boylan is leading a team of 11 volunteers who are working on providing another outstanding Kennedy Roosevelt Dinner.   The K-R Dinner will include music, key note speaker(s), local wine, great food and lots of wonderful auction items.   Ticket information will be coming soon.  Please mark your calendars.  

Dates & Events…..
  • January 19, 2019 3rd Annual Women’s March (the march begins at Southside 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Park, 2115 – 6th Street, Sacramento and ends at the State Capitol (https://www.womensmarchsac.com/about/)
  • Thursday, Jan. 24, 2019,  12noon, United Democrats Club meeting, Denny’s, 99 Fair Lane, Placerville
  • Thursday, Jan. 24, 6:00 to 8:00pm, South Lake Tahoe Democratic Club, Lake Tahoe Pizza Company
    Guest speaker Andy Okun with the California League of Conservation Voters.
  • Friday, Jan. 25, 2019 – Deadline to submit essays for the 14 th Annual Fred Winn Essay Contest Dead (essay contest for junior and senior high school students from all public schools in El Dorado County. (Click button below for more information)
  • Saturday, Jan. 26 (AD 6) and Sunday, Jan. 27, (AD 5) Assembly District Election Meetings.  (See information above)
  • Saturday, Feb. 2, 2019, 10am to 2pm. Strategic Planning Workshop, @ Folsom Lake College, El Dorado Center, 6699 Campus Drive, Placerville (Room A 205). Lunch and beverages provided.  Facilitated by Tamara Johnston. Come join us and bring a friend.
  • Tuesday, Feb. 19, 2019, Monthly Democratic Central Committee Meeting, 6:30pm – Social, followed by Meeting start at 7pm. (Topics include; EID & the role of water in our county, the latest news on our Strategic Planning goals and plans, etc.) Raley’s Community Room, 166 Placerville Dr., Placerville
  • Tuesday, March 19, 2019, Monthly Democratic Central Committee Meeting, 6:30pm – Social, followed by Meeting start at 7pm.,Raley’s Community Room, 166 Placerville Dr., Placerville
Middle & High School Teachers and Students – Fred Winn Essay Contest – $1,500, $750, & $500. prizes – Click here for information. Deadline for essays – FRIDAY, JANUARY 25!